Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

Skint in the Credit Crunch

There are many occasions when I have been waiting in the queue to use a cash machine when the person in front receives the message that his / her account has dried up and the bank would not be doling out any more money. The look is one of dismay - the look of being a few pence away from hunger. The next step is this



The bank would not give me ten quid out of the cash machine, I did not have the fare to go the supermarket to use the coinstar machine. I had to charge up my Oyster card. Bloody hell, it was a huge job sifting the silver from the brown, I managed to pay for the three quid bus pass by a mixture of 5 and 10p pieces - this is a sure sign that one is impoverished. Oh the embarrassment.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?