Monday, January 07, 2008

 

Music is a great antidote to Grumpiness

I was watching a number of programmes Dance Britannia on BBC4 tonight. It was great, they blew away all that grumpy bullshit. I was inspired to look on Youtube to look for some more good vibes and found this:



Although the sound production is a bit muddy, the musicianship is excellent.

Yep, Otis Redding - this man and his band knew how to rock. He inspired and influenced numerous British rock bands. I used to read about him in the New Musical Express in my youth, but nothing really registered - Sitting by the Dock of the Bay, Respect and My Girl were the only things I knew in the audio, but seeing him and his band live really made me feel quite good. Now I can go to bed in a good mood.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?