Saturday, July 07, 2007

 

"I Ain't Got No Gas"

I was on the bus the other day, there was this young woman around 17 - 18 (hair tied tightly back with a bright yellow ribbon and wearing the de-rigeur tracksuit) years she had baby in a pushchair with her. The young woman was remonstrating with her housing officer that she had just moved into her flat and that she had no gas.

"Yer, but I ain't got no gas...yer...what am I supposed for 'ot water...yer...I've got a six manf (month) old baybee what am I supposed wiv her?" It was as if the housing department had dumped the six manf old baybee on her.

The conversation continued

"Yer, but I've got a manf baybee [she said this repeatedly]...wot's an emersion 'eater?...no I don't know wot's an emersion 'eater..."

I felt like telling her, that this is not the housing department's responsibility, when she moves into a place she should contact the Gas Board - in all likelihood there will be no response from but this woman was clearly barking up the wrong tree.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?