Thursday, June 21, 2007

 

Stop Rising Home Prices - Evict the Rich

There are so many drinking schools around where I live, that the area has become Drinking Academy. You see people clutching tins of beer and strong cider. People in supermarkets buying a bottles of spirits. Then you have the wrecks who collapse anywhere in the street. As I was leaving for work in the morning, I saw what I thought to be a pile of clothes on the corner, as I got closer it was a man in a state of alcoholic catatonia clutching a beer can with another propped by his head to consume for breakfast. I guess that it is the norm around here, no doubt property developers and estate agents will disapprove and have the police move them on to somewhere else and make the place prohibitively expensive in which to live. I don't mind drunks, they keep out the rich.

Stop rising home prices, evict the rich!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hi hector, judging by your name I'd guess that you do not have a disadvantged background. The drunks on the street you feel such obvious disgust towards are a sympton of a society which is happy to see people slip throught he net, if only to make people like yourself feel better about their own lives. Did you know that the majority of homeless men have been abused (physically or sexually) as children? It is no use mocking the effects of something without addressing the cause.
 
I do not feel disgust towards the drunks, note that I said I don't mind them. I certainly feel disgust towards the symptoms of "a society
which is happy to see people slip through the net". I feel disgust at the fact that these men and women can lose their dignity in this way and become as dehumanised as a pile of disused clothes. I am not really mocking these very unfortunate people, but when you have to run the gauntlet of them day in, day out. You have to give vent to it.


As for me being at an advantage - I am next door to homelessness, I have a greedy landlord who insists on doing everything on the cheap yet charges an extortionate rent. In fact, after I have paid the rent and council tax, I am left with only a few bob on which to live.

Do you live in similar circumstances? If not, people in glass houses...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?