Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

I read the news today...

These were the opening lines of "A Day in a Life", the Beatles much-hackneyed song from the Sgt Pepper album. I heard it again on Johnny Walker's radio programme. It then occurred to me how each verse, albeit surreal, sounded like a blog entry. Commentary on the news and then commentary on how someone got really smashed while smoking (a joint?) on the top deck of a bus "somebody spoke and I went into a dream" roll on the dreamy music. It registered that Lennon-MacCartney were making something akin to blog entries - the toying with the news and reflecting on the day's most salient points. With this in mind, I listened to the track again with fresh ears and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?