Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

Beer Can Man - Second Helping

You may not want a second helping of Beer Can Man, but this is my blog and I shall do what I like with it. I really have to give vent to the things which vex me - I find this process palliatively therapeutic.

Beer Can Man, if you are not familiar, is a part of an urban tribe that makes public displays of it boozing. Beer Can Men usually hang around in groups in parkland and on street corners. Although such groups may appear intimidating, I have never really been harrassed by them. I cannot afford to live in Switzerland nor Bromley where such public displays of human dysfunction are not tolerated. Beer Can Men, however, do make the place look untidy - they are like misplaced litter - I am caused to wonder why they cannot drink at home, where they can listen to sounds or watch the telly. Trust me, many of these people have homes to which they can go.

Live and let live is my motto - they are part of the rich canvas that is the city. OK cool.

Most beer can men will take care of their personal hygiene, but there are some who stink out the place. I was in the newsagents the other day and there were two of them, both of them had the unmistakable of Pissoir pour l'homme. They looked dirty and crusty, they were pissed.

I was in the supermarket today, a Beer Can Man, aged around 40, approached a friend whom he had not seen in ages. Although this Beer Can Man was around two and a half metres away, there was a strong smell of Pissoir pour l'homme. Now the thing that perplexed me the most was that he was with a woman ten years his junior, she looked quite clean. I wondered why she was hanging with this smelly individual, then it occurred to me; it's not so much that love but alcohol conquers all - this couple was rejuvenating its supplies.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?