Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Unsolicited Call

A callv centre called me tonight; the operative told me that she was from Supreme Home Solutions and that she wanted to ask me one question - this been "How would like to improve your home"; she might as well have asked me "How would you like to improve your spaceship?". I told her that I can't improve my home as I privately rent it.

I did not want to be rude or abusive to the call centre operative, they have a living to earn and they are only human at the end of the day. I remember reading an article where an operative becomes so worn down by the abuse of recipients of unsolicited calls that it can affect his self-esteem.

It is quite odd, however, that the commercial consciousness has become so geared that virtually all the market is dominated by home owners. People who rent, it seems, are a pariah, lepers, who can spread the dreaded disease of being poor.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?