Saturday, April 21, 2007

 

Beer Can Man

Here in London, along with the localistas, the M & S brigade etc is Beer Can Man. I first encountered Beer Can Man sitting on one of the outside tables of this closed bistro in the King's Road around ten years ago. He was looking quite pissed and had a can a Tenent's Super Lager on the table. Bistro and Beer Can Man appeared to suit each other, they had a comical ambience. I was to make quite a few more encounters with these street drunks, one remarkable episode comes to mind; in Waterloo, I saw two drunks each holding a can of strong lager while wrestling each other. I was amazed at how they could they could grapple with each other without either spilling any beer. Now, I live among them, they are all over the place - sucking, like babies from the bottle, on cans of extra strong juice. They haven't really caused me any problem but I feel that the potential is there.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?