Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

The Tyranny of Modern Parents

I don't know what it is, but nowadays there seems to be a combined tyranny between modern parents and their babies, they insist on rights (get out the fucking way, I've got a baby here and I'm not scared to use it) of way. I was in Sainsbury's today heading for the tabacco counter, this large lady - who looked Dorothy Perkins size - barged in front of me with what appeared to be an oversized multi-coloured carpet sweeper with bear and elephant stickers on it. The contents of this ugly vehicle was a baby who was barbling and borbling away. I did not mind the barging in front of me, I was prepared to let it ride, I presume Dorothy Perkins was going to buy a pack ofe Park Drive. I was wrong, she pulled out of the baby vehicle numerous baby items - baby food, nappies, wipes, you know the usual kind of crap that one has to buy baby. I was prepared to remonstrate with Dorothy for not using the check out, after all this was the counter where one buys fags, but another assistant called my attention and I bought some tabacco.

I really hate "child friendly" places, nice restaurants and other places have become to the tyranny of not so much the children but their parents - like the dangerous dog it is not dog, it is the owner.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?