Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

Books and Prisoners

I read the above article in The Times today, it was by Peter J M Wayne who is currently serving a prison sentence. It was well-written. I found parts quite moving especially the part where he helped a man to read and who likened the experience to acquiring sight. Peter Wayne also describes how reading helped him to maintain his sanity.

The sad thing is that he has spent a great deal of his life in prison, he struck me as a man with so much potential - it caused me to ask what went wrong? In addition to this, it was a great advertisement to get me reading books again.

Further Articles by the same author are linked below

So This is Christmas (The Observer - Sunday 19th December 2004)

Slums in the Sky - The Spectator 13 January 2007

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?