Friday, February 16, 2007

 

M*A*S*H to laugh or not to laugh

I bought this boxed dvd set of the first series of M*A*S*H, love the film and love the tv series - the latter was a great tv spinoff thanks to the scripts, actors and directors - no mean feat. Alan Alda's timing is perfect in that he delivers his lines with great surgical precision - great stuff. My disc set, however, is sabotaged to deliver canned laughter every time I put a disc on. So any kind of humour, subtle or otherwise, is destroyed. I have to go to the menu and state the preference that I do not want canned laughter. This is bollocks, why can't the dvd company flog the discs with or without canned laughter. Why should I go to the menu to switch off the shit. The biggest irony is that the canned laughter operator does not appear in the credits. I loved to be employed as a canned laughter operator, especially with BBC1's news programmes, these really do need a laugh track.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?