Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Buses Again

This maybe getting very boring but I do need to have a moan. Bus was relatively empty when I caught it this morning. I took a strategic seat - the back seat in the middle ensures that you can get off before the doors close also there is an arm rest that helps avoid feeling squashed by your neighbour. I was wrong on the latter point, this bloke got on the bus wearing what appeared to be a burst matress (one of those quilted coats), he was babbling into a mobile phone - bad news, he made directions for the seat next to me (arm rest side) - the burst matress coat he was wearing pushed me half way accross my seat. Oh fuck. Fortunately, I had to suffer this for only a couple of stops. I got off the bus and my connecting bus was just pulling up - your carriage awaits - I my earphones in place - switched on the mp3 player to Johnny Winter - Guitar Slinger - cool music, like his guitar style. My pleasure was interrupted by a tinny noise intruding through my earphones, some idiot did not want to use earphones and decided to pipe his crap throughout the bus. Oh fuck, I just could not listen to Johnny Winter and had to put up with the crap that was bizzing in my ears.

Return journey was similar, there was this black guy who decided to PA his music, it was heavily peppered with words such as m~fucker and plenty of the n-word - is this self loathing or what? Maybe I have out-of-date ideas but whatever happened to "young ,gifted and black"..."black and proud"..."black is beautiful"...the ongoing celebration of ethnicity. It's as if this kind of modern rap music is saying "we are all in the gutter, but why should you be looking at the stars n~ m~fucker?"

Having said all that, the makers of this stuff may want to produce such responses as this - a white guy commenting on things that take one to the edge in the daily life, a mere bus journey. Wonder if those buggers who live in those "living with the future" houses are getting such messages with their dinner party jazz.

The bus pulled up by a stop where this white guy with dangerous dog without a leash wanted to board the bus. The driver had given this some thought because he stopped for a few micro seconds to let white guy and dangerous dog on the bus, but decided against it. The wretched animal was without a leash and guess on whose leg he would be dining, mine! Thank you Mr Bus Driver for not letting arse hole and dangerous dog on bus. The arse hole looked somewhat indignant and perplexed. Well if you bought a fucking leash for your fucking dog, you might have better luck in boarding buses.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?