Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

Supermarkets

I have moved into a new place - it's free of Albanians. Sadly, there is no Tesco nor Asda nearby. I have to make do with Somerfield and Sainsbury's. The former charges Waitrose prices for Lidl quality products. Sainsbury's is a dead loss if you want some adventure in your food and wine - they have the "Taste the Difference" range and I remember some commentator on the radio saying that this particular range should be renamed as "Taste the Food" when tasted in comparison with other Sainsbury's product.

I went there tonight only to be regaled over the Tannoy by announcements of "Fantastic Foods" at "Amazing Prices!" in aisles 2 and 3. I ventured down there. The prices were amazing but judging by the sell-by dates the food was about to go off. The amazing Seafood Medley reduced from £3.99 to 99p looked amazing in the sense that it looked like one of those alien dishes that one would find in a science fiction movie.

Gosh, I was really spoiled by Asda and Tesco. I better had boogie on down to these places in the car.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?