Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

In Flight Entertainment

I find it absolutely hilarious that some flights provide televisual entertainment - what we get is absolute crap. I remember flying out to Greece on my hols and the airline provided back-to-back Parkinson at the princely sum of a fiver, for that you are loaned headphones. Having said that, I could see the fayre on display and it was Michael Parkinson! interviewing the usual suspects - Dame Edna Everidge, Rod Stewart, Maggie Smith etc. I had a bet with myself, wagering a million pounds that Billy Connoly would come next. Yep, he did. I guessed that he went through the same old stuff as he did in 1974 with a handful of updates. It dawned on me that trashy television is not so much supplied for broadcast but for in-flight entertainment. Looking around at my fellow passengers no one had rented a set of head phones. I bought a whisky miniature at 8 fucking euros!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?