Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Voyeuristic Activity around Russell Square

My bus was diverted via King's Cross Yesterday and deposited me at Euston, I knew the reason why, but I was hoping to get to Tottenham Court Road. I walked to Eversholt Street hoping that the street would be open to pedestrians, it was not. There was a camera crew, holding vigil and pointing cameras at where the bus exploded. The camera crew had set up a marquee on the traffic island. There were tributes on the stairs of St Pancras Church. I took a detour. As I headed down toward my destination, I noted that there was a camera crew at every junction waiting for something - possibly the carcas of the bus to be delivered to them and its 'rubber necking' audience; and these fucking guys were rubber necking and hoping to take shots of the wreckage to deliver into your home. We have seen the wreckage, we know what it looks like, what's the big hoo-ha?. The idiots who blew those bombs wanted this. It adds to their kudos. Ken Livingstone said that they targetted London as they would any other major urban centre because of the media response. Yep, Livingstone was right.Bad News sells and bad news makes makes money. Makes you sick, doesn't it!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?