Monday, July 11, 2005

 

Blair's Line on the Current Terrorist Crisis

Although I have criticised and lampooned Blair endlessly on this blog; he has won my admiration today. I have got to give him his due, he has proved to be a complete statesman today. The atrocities that occurred in London last week left him with a rather stark choice - "kick ass" and Waco siege mentality (a la Bush) or leave it to the police and security forces to sort out. He chose the latter, he did not want to see a divided Britain, neither does anyone else. There are many people out there out for revenge at what happened; but Blair's message was rather clear on this, that it is a matter of policing and the due process of law. I really do hope that this will prevail. Yes, Blair does get my support on this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?