Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

No Transport for London

I left the house on time to catch a bus to the hospital - I left the car behind - I did not want to pay the fiver to enter the congestion zone - so, Livingstone is keeping my car out of Central London at least. From a first hand point of view, I would say that it is effective and I was in favour of it until I attempted to catch a bus. The driver stopped the bus and let one passenger off, but did not let me on, the bus did not look like a battery farm on wheels or some kind of human transport train from Nazi Germany (Transport for London must have learned a lot from the Nazis about the transportatiion of people). I put my hands in prayer position, pleading with the driver through the glass to let me on, no way. Funnily enough, I was not cross with the driver because the bus was not full to the panelling as Transport for London would expect of its operators (a Nazified transport policy for the people of London); the driver, it seems, was conforming to Health and Safety legislation. So fair play to him. The next bus that came along was driven by a standard TFL dickhead, the methods of which seem to be de-riguer in the TFL code of driving; you know the sort crowd out the bus, get the bus moving with a sudden jolt and doing emergency stops when there are no emergencies. Result of this driving was that I trod on this woman's foot by accident, she experienced some pain which my profuse apology would not alleviate. I felt like strangling the driver, then the head of Transport for London and then Ken Livingstone. He is flogging London to the Olympic Committee and saying that Transport in London is superb, I say that this is Wankology and who is trying to kid?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?