Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

Stink Bomb on a Bus

I was in Central London today, I left the car behind and travelled by bus. This can be not so much an ordeal but a rite of passage on a daily basis - the tubes and buses can get so incredibly crowded that Transport for London must flout every single Health and Safety Law that's going. Not only can you be injured but you stand the risk of catching some horrible, and possibly tropical, disease by having to stand face to face, back to back and shoulder to shoulder with people. There is no personal space whatsoever. Ken Livingstone promises us an excellent transport system funded by the congestion charge, yet TFL congestion charged commuters by hiking up fares by 20% earlier this year for the privelage of learning to be a battery hen - is Ken Livingstone trying to emulate Heinrich Himmler or what? (any irony here is purely unintended, ahem).

My return jouney was relatively better. A group of rather loud schoolgirls on the bus and went upstairs, the noise coming down was akin to a battery farm. Eventually they got off the bus rather hurriedly but left in their wake a smell of one of the choicest farts that I have not encountered since my early teens. The buggers had let off a stink bomb. I found it quite funny and could not help but having a smirk on my face. People started to look at me as if I were the culprit and I found this even more funny. One woman was even holding her nose and others were looking quite disgusted.

I thought that this was quite innocent fun and why can't most kids be like this nowadays. These girls had a laugh, they did not hurt anyone or rip anyone off; they were getting up to the mischief in which I used to indulge.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?