Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I note that Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been made by Disney - so the entire concept has been corrupted by love interest and something for the kiddies. They have messed around Zaphod Beeblebrox - gave him two faces instead of two heads. Although I have not seen the film, I smell turkey roasting, mark my words it will be on the telly in two years time. Don't get me wrong, Hollywood can make some very good films - Meet the Parents and Meet the Fokkers are good examples of this, but when it starts plundering the past, other films and concepts it just falls flat on its face. The Ladykillers is a good example of this. How can Tom Hanks be compared to the acting genius that is Alec Guinness?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?